Table of contents
Start for free
Skiff Team / 6.27.2023
Custom domains, now freeToday, we’re announcing a radical change in how email works and making custom domains available for free on Skiff Mail.
Custom domains empower you to own your identity online. In addition to having a more personalized email address or sharing your domain with colleagues or family members, custom domains align deeply with our vision to empower more private, free communication.Adding a free custom domain is a game changer.
Sign up for a free custom domainEnd-to-end encrypted email, document, drive, and calendar.
How to add a free custom domainIn this section, we’ll guide you through the steps to set up your custom domain in Skiff Mail.
- Log into your Skiff Mail account from https://app.skiff.com/mail
- Click settings, then select “Custom domains” (or, visit https://app.skiff.com/mail?settingTab=custom+domains if you are already logged in).
- Now, you can choose between transferring an existing domain you own, or purchasing a new domain
- If you are transferring a domain, click “configure domain” and enter your domain details.
- Configure your DNS settings to route emails to and from Skiff Mail.
- Confirm that your custom domain is active and ready to use.
- Navigate to the aliases tab to add more aliases! Or, see the section below.
How to add aliasesHaving multiple aliases is a game changer for your privacy online.
- To add aliases, go to “Settings” and select “Aliases” (or, visit https://app.skiff.com/mail?settingTab=aliases).
- Select your new custom domain from the custom domain dropdown in the top right (your domain must be verified).
- Add a new alias and specify the email address you’d like to use.
How to use a custom domain privatelyUsing a custom domain helps you own your identity online. On Skiff Mail, custom domains and aliases can also help organize your inbox and protect your identity.
- All incoming mail is automatically end-to-end encrypted - including email subject, content, and headers - meaning only you can access your data.
- Emails are sorted into alias inboxes, helping you manage different accounts and email addresses.
- You can add unlimited aliases on your custom domain!
How to share aliases with your teamOn Skiff Mail, you can also share your domain with more users, making sure you and your team all benefit from privacy-first collaboration and communication:
- To share another team member, visit the “Organization” settings page https://app.skiff.com/mail?settingTab=organization
- Click “Add members” and provision or share a new organization member
- You can then add a custom domain alias for any provisioned member
- Or, for any existing member, click on their user profile from the Organization settings page and manually add an additional alias
Upgrading for more custom domainsSometimes, one custom domain isn’t enough. On Skiff’s paid plans, you can add up to 15 custom domains and unlimited aliases to every domain!
- Go to “Settings and select “Plans.”
- Upgrade to your desired plan, or see our Pricing page for all features
- Start adding more custom domains, more users, and more aliases!
QuestionsHave questions or need further assistance? Contact Skiff at [email protected], or in our online Discord, Twitter, and Reddit communities.
Skiff TeamSkiff named top 25 app of 2022Skiff is thrilled to be one of the top 25 new apps of 2022!
Andrew MilichCatch-all aliases releasedCatch-all aliases enable enormous flexibility and powerful privacy for any custom domain. How can you set them up?
Skiff TeamHow to migrate from Google Workspace to SkiffLooking for added privacy, security, and convenience? Learn how to migrate from Google Workspace to Skiff.
Andrew Milich10 tips for setting up an email accountSetting up a new email account can be a daunting proposition. Follow these tips for a painless migration and setup process.
Andrew MilichSkiff is on PrivacyToolsAll four Skiff products - Mail, Pages, Drive, and Calendar - are now recommended on PrivacyTools.io!
Jason GinsbergNew Skiff tiersSkiff Pro and Skiff Business plans are now released. How can you use them to add custom domains, increase storage space, and onboard your team?
Skiff TeamSkiff in the WSJ on encryptionThe Skiff Team published an opinion article in The Wall Street Journal advocating against worldwide encryption proposals.